OpenDA installation for Mac users
- Ensure that Java version 1.6 or higher is installed in your computer. You can check what version is
installed with java -version.
- Download OpenDA from www.openda.org
- Extract the OpenDA distribution file to the desired location on your computer.
- A number of system variables need to be set before OpenDA can be run. The first variable that should be set
is $OPENDADIR. This variable should point to the bin-directory of your OpenDA installation. For example:
The other variables are set by the script settings_local.sh in the directory $OPENDADIR. This
script will try to call the local script with machine specific settings
You must create this sript yourself. Copy the settings_local_mac.sh file to a new file
named settings_local_<hostname>.sh in your $OPENDADIR (unless that file already exists).
You can check your hostname with the hostname command. Then edit that file: enable the relevant
lines and change the values of the environment variables.
The default local settings script might work out of the box for your system. You can use this
. $OPENDADIR/settings_local.sh mac
- Most convenient is to set the varables automatically. Add in the .bashrc in your home directory, the following two lines:
export OPENDADIR=<bindir>, with <bindir> the location of the bin directory of your OpenDA
Note that the '.' is significant in the latter of these lines.